Friday, November 27, 2009

Go slow

Ayyy!  Since I finished on Wednesday I've been simultaneously rushed off my feet and going as slow as I can.  Life is good with no deadlines but I've been flat out getting away from it all.  So sorry for the lack of posting interesting things.  That may continue for the next little while.

Blogging as a stress relief valve from the pressure of studying works really well for me.  But once the pressure comes off, there's no steam to jingle that little bell any more and I find myself with not much to say.

But I will say this: I'm re-reading a book I last read at least ten years ago and it's really interesting how I have changed since then.  Some of the things in it which I thought were profound and insightful back then now seem plain obvious or even wrong, while other things that I skimmed over and ignored then now seem fascinating.  It will be interesting to see what I think of all this stuff I type out here on my blog in ten years time when I am totally different person.  No doubt I will be ashamed of some it and find other parts fantastic.  I hope I have the courage to leave all of it as it is rather than try to go back and excise out the parts that I find uncomfortable or embarrassing.

Move along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stress too much about writing a post every day now. Exams are over so I don't require as much entertaining. Thanks for helping me put off study.

PTR said...

Think nothing of it. This blog is an invaluable aid to procrastination for me too.