Sunday, October 4, 2009

Faded curtains

So did anybody else stuff up the start of daylight savings?  I always do, without fail.  This time I was lying in bed enjoying an extended snooze-in when the guy I was supposed to be meeting at noon for an afternoon of Sunday wargaming called and asked me where I was.  The best bit about daylight savings starting/ending is that moment when you make the transition from thinking "You're an idiot", to thinking "I'm an idiot".  It's like feeling the hemispheres of your brain swap places.

I like it so much that it's become kind of a tradition that I have no idea what's going on when it comes to dates and times.  Apparently it's a long weekend this weekend so I don't have to go to uni tomorrow.   I found this out on Thursday when one of my Esteemed Colleagues made a passing remark about how great it was going to be to have a four-day weekend.  "Ha ha ha", I said, "Er, what?"  Turns out we had Friday off and Monday too!

No comments: