Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cartoons

One of my Esteemed Colleagues and I had a male bonding moment in class today laughing at the way the lecturer was using the word "cartoon" to describe what I would call a "diagram". It's something that the old-school lecturers seem to do. I did some quick research on wikipedia, but it turns out that the facts are kind of dull in that they make sense, so I'm going to ignore the facts and instead focus on ridiculing this usage of the word "cartoon".

So what I did is take an example of the type of cartoon that the lecturer today was showing us. This one apparently shows the process of antigen presentation by macrophages to T-cells. I'm not 100% certain because for some reason it's in Spanish. Educational, but not very cartoony.


Then, I took this Dilbert strip, which I think we can all agree is a real cartoon. I stole this from the Dilbert site at www.dilbert.com and if the image isn't here anymore you'll know that Scott Adams sent a team of assassin-lawyers to get me.


Then finally, to make the "Presentadora de Antigenos" cartoon more cartoony, I replaced the captions with the dialogue from the Dilbert cartoon. I think you'll agree that not only is it now even more humorous than Dilbert, it's also more educational than "Presentadora de Antigenos".


I am available for guest lectures on any topic immediately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It feels good to finally be mentioned again in this esteemed journal, even if Dilberto did steal the limelight.

PTR said...

Sorry you had to wait so long. I was going to mention you a little while ago when the whole "Richard Reed" incident happened, but I couldn't figure out how to write it properly...