Friday, July 10, 2009

50 things I like

These are a few of my favourite things:
  • mint
  • banjo
  • people who don't know how to play the trumpet
  • the sun
  • porridge in winter
  • toy cars that can roll a long way in a straight line
  • continued fractions
  • blue AND red
  • green too
  • atoms are pretty cool
  • friends
  • water
  • writing
  • games
  • hats that don't make my head itchy
  • lamps
  • aluminium foil
  • lego
  • cats
  • dancing
  • robots
  • ink
  • strangers
  • coincidences
  • reading really good sci-fi
  • trees and their bark
  • cows
  • cheese
  • bugs
  • wood
  • day-dreaming while staring out a window
  • high ceilings
  • weddings
  • good shoes
  • heavy things - they warp space-time!
  • built-in wardrobes
  • hills
  • Volkswagen Golfs, circa 2003 (or is that "Golves"?)
  • travelling
  • toy soldiers, or mandollies
  • driving at night with the windows down
  • sandcastles
  • art galleries
  • serif fonts
  • coffee with half a teaspoon of sugar
  • running
  • dawn, but only once or twice a year or it loses its novelty
  • shoes
  • fire
  • my Smaller Half
Pretty good stuff huh?

5 comments:

jamie said...

I like your list. Thanks for the inspiration.

PTR said...

I was glad to see you picked up the ball and ran hard with it!

Anonymous said...

No mention of your liking of:

(a) making lists;
(b) learned colleagues;
(c) semi-colons (there's got to be a bowel cancer pun in there for a med student); or
(d) fabulous witty, but mysteriously anonymous, commenters who are the unsung heros of PTR's mono-media success?

Please explain.

Anonymous said...

No mention of The Ashes? What about Le Grande Tour? How can you lay claim to being a nightowl and not love this time of year.

Bless SBS!

PTR said...

(a) Too self-referential. Who am I, Lewis Carroll?
(b) I have no Learned Colleagues, only Esteemed ones, and the title says it all!
(c) Do I really use semi-colons? How gauche...
(d) It's you anonymous commentators who really get my goat. Take a leaf out of Jamie's book (see first comment above) and choose a preposterous and implausible pseudonym.

And the Ashes was in my top 51, but not my top 50. Sorry. As for Le Tour, if was interested in watching a bunch of sweaty drugged up freaks I'd go to a nightclub.