So I've developed a great method for focusing my consciousness and getting myself off to sleep. It seems to work well, for me at least. If you have insomnia why not try it and let me know if it works for you? Here's how it works:
- Visualize a sphere floating in front of you, about the size of a tennis ball at arm's length. The ball is smooth and matte and shining against a dark background.
- Now change the colour of the sphere from however it first started. The colour you want depends on your current emotional state. If you are angry, make it red. If you are agitated, make it purple. If you are sad, make it blue. If you are happy, make it green. And so on. The colour doesn't really matter, the point of it is to identify your current emotional state and make the sphere an appropriate (for you) associated colour.
- Just focus on the sphere now it is that colour. It will probably try to change to a different colour or maybe even a different shape but just gently nudge it back to what it should be.
- Now, visualize the sphere gradually changing colour to a pale silvery grey, over the course of several seconds. Hold it there. Feel your mind relax.
- Repeat the previous steps in order about ten thousand times until either you're asleep or the goddamn sun comes up and it's time to get out of bed.