Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Veracity

A week or so ago I'd been doing the annoying-med-student thing to my Aged Mother and telling her all the reasons why exercise was good for her. I was chatting to her this afternoon on the phone:

Aged Mother
You know, everything you told me last week about exercise was absolutely spot-on!

PTR
Oh really?

Aged Mother
Yes, I read all about it in Reader's Digest today.

I'm glad that my information has been checked against such a reliable source. If Reader's Digest agrees with everything that I've learned from wikipedia, I can sleep soundly tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not everybody has easy access to pubmed.
-L

PTR said...

What's pubmed?

Anonymous said...

Is that when you buy students beer in return for free medical advice? I think that's what Medicare replaced.