Saturday, August 8, 2009

Poll underway

And maybe I'm getting a little paranoid here, but I'm starting to suspect that one or two of you are playing funny-buggers with my current poll regarding nuts. Why? Well:
  1. The very day I put it up there were about 8 votes, which is very strange.
  2. The interim results show a marked preponderence for one particular nut which in my view is "not all that".
  3. A few of you seemed to take great delight in screwing around with my previous poll, or at least winding me up by claiming to have done so.
  4. It's already the most-voted-on poll of mine EVER. And there's a way to go still. Hmmm.
Come on folks, play fair. Let's give nuts the respect they deserve.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are just in denial of the obvious supremacy of the macadmia nut. In fact, it's un-australian to be so anti-macadamia

PTR said...

I'm not anti-macadamia. It's quite tasty with the addition of wasabi or chili. But let's face the facts, my nationalist friend - the macadamia isn't any good unless it has been tricked up like a cheap harlot.

Anonymous said...

I bet you wouldn't say that to Dr. John Macadam, a true Australian Hero. If only there were more nuts like his.

PTR said...

He's not an Australian hero!
a) He's Scottish.
b) He had a nut named after him.

Big whoop.

I wish there was a punctuation mark for expressing righteous indignation.

Puddle said...

make your own
http://www.sciencemag.org.ezproxy.flinders.edu.au/cgi/content/full/325/5939/391

PTR said...

That's pretty cool.

I plan on using my own private notation in my upcoming exams. It's incredibly concise. I should be able to leave within 5 minutes.