Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dodgy

Last night I attended a local drinking establishment in the company of my Smaller Half and another (female) friend. I seldom go to pubs because they are loud, smelly and full of idiots, but we'd been out for dinner and had decided to try to find a hot chocolate somewhere and had ended up careening around looking unsuccessfully for somewhere that was open, so we decided to go to the pub instead.

I walked through the front door, but the security person at the door stopped my companions and asked to see proof of age, which I found a bit preposterous to be honest. As they fumbled in their wallets I turned and asked the security person, "Me too?" and she just looked me up and down and said, "No mate, you'll be right."

Apparently I look like the kind of guy who walks into pubs with an underage girl on each arm.

No comments: