Monday, June 16, 2008

I like gravel

Done! Sorry for the delay in posting. By my reckoning I've been asleep for about 70% of the total time since last Thursday lunch. The last exam was fine. Although there was a section worth 25% of the total on refugee health issues that I hadn't done any study at all for because I forgot about it. Whoops!

Was sitting in the sun today thinking to myself how awesome gravel is. Think about it - you reach down, pick up a piece of gravel (is there a word for a piece of gravel apart from "rock"? There should be) and chuck it a bit further away from you, onto some other gravel. You can still see it, right? Now look away for a few seconds, then look back. The piece of gravel you threw is gone. Indistinguishable from the other gravel. It seemed so special, but it was all an illusion.

Maybe people are more like gravel than we like to think.

No comments: