Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Grrr

In short, in a foul mood. Hope you weren't expecting anything interesting. I almost decided not to post, but in the end decided that if Clever, Happy, Funny and Interesting have a place here, why not Angry, Irritiable, and Dopey too?

Inexplicable. No good reason for it, though of course when I am in such a foul mood it is easy to cast around and lay blame on whatever is nearby or whatever I have been doing recently. But to be honest with myself, no - it's not really any of those.

Maybe it was something I ate.

Has something I ate EVER put me in a foul mood before? Not to my knowledge. On the other hand, things I've eaten have certainly elevated my mood before (eg: very strong coffee, dark chocolate, my smaller half's cooking), so the inverse is not out of the question.

The really annoying thing is that it's made me really question what the hell I am doing trying to be a doctor. Why aren't I working? Earning money? Having free time? Having friends? What's REALLY pathetic about me right now is that I'm in the middle of a two week holiday. You'd think I'd be relaxed and happy.

Tomorrow is another day. Let's see what it brings...

No comments: