Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Prone

Sometimes I check out my google analytics page to see what search terms lead people to this blog.  The vast majority are people who search by typing in the actual URL.  Okay people, why not save a mouse click and actually type that URL into the box thingy of your browser rather than into the google box thingy?  (sorry to get all technical on you)  A small majority of the remaining minority are the people who search for "prone to reverie", "reverie blog", "pronetoreverie" or some small mis-spelling of that kind of thing.  So that's interesting - these are people who are looking for this blog and find it.

Then there are the searches which come up over and over again in small numbers, so seem to be of interest to people generally: "baked egg challenge", "imaginary country names", "start low go slow", "questions about sandwiches", "mr tumble hello song lyrics".  I like to imagine that I'm able to help these people but in reality I know I almost certainly don't.

And finally there are the searches which are just a little bit creepy.  Most of these involve the word "prone".  For example: "prone hairy", "doctors used for prone examination", "aunt prone", "fantastic four prones", and "gay prone dark alley".  These are the one that I prefer not to use my imagination on.

3 comments:

Pink Stethoscopes said...

Awesome, people look for your blog on purpose! People always find mine by Googling 'how to insert a stethoscope'. And then they don't even read the article.

Anonymous said...

prone

PTR said...

yeeees...