Monday, August 2, 2010

Inception

The new film Inception has been garnering a lot of attention.  Here's a brief review of it by my Aged Mother:
I went to see a film called Invictus.  No, not that, Inception.  Well - I've never seen such a complete load of utter clap-trap in all my life.  It's one of these science fiction films, so I suppose you'd like it if you're into that kind of thing.  People jumping into other people's minds and then jumping into other minds and in and out of their dreams - and the violence!  And buildings falling down and it's utterly incomprehensible.  I went up to a young bloke in the lobby afterwards and said, "I'm a very old lady and I had no idea what that film was about.  Can you explain it to me?"  So he did and I said, "That's all very clever but couldn't they have shown us all that in just half an hour instead wasting all that time?" and he said, "Yes but then we would have missed out on all the special effects".  Honestly, you've never seen anything like it.  Two and a half hours of complete garbage.
Zero stars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' and now this. Soon you'll be denouncing underpants for being too mainstream and calling everything post-modern.

PTR said...

Never! I'm inordinately fond of my undies.

http://pronetoreverie.blogspot.com/2008/11/tribute.html

Anonymous said...

http://videogum.com/208132/caught-inception-ripped-off-scrooge-mcduck/remakes-and-spinoffs/

PTR said...

So ...

Someone told my Aged Mother about this. Lucky for you (and me too I guess) she has a robust sense of humour.