Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Toughen down

Here's a good lesson: rather than just sticking a Band-Aid on the knee of the old bloke who's just taken a tumble down the steps and insists that his knee is fine apart from the scratch, why not actually examine his knee?  That way you'll stop him trying to walk away on his knee and crashing to the ground again when his knee gives way from the soft tissue injury that caused him to fall down the first time.

I actually did do a cursory examination of his knee but failed because when I said, "Tell me if this hurts", he thought I was saying, "If this hurts you are a big sissy and I will laugh at you", so he denied any discomfort.  The second time I examined his knee I had to make him yelp before he would admit anything was wrong.

1 comment:

PTR said...

Update: there was no soft tissue injury. He was actually attempting to walk around on a broken tibia.