Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hemingway - a new hope

I've been alerted to the fact that, in a strange case of life imitating art (or to put it more accurately, life being vastly more astonishing than this shithouse blog - who'd have thought?), it seems that Ernest Hemingway's daughter Gloria was born Gregory and underwent gender reassignment surgery.  I'm not making this up - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Hemingway

I feel really awful now for making up stupid jokes about Hemingway which coincidentally touched on the life of a family who seem to have gone through a whole bunch of hard times.  As a result, I am cancelling my planned post about how Ernest's son Jack returned from the dead as a brain-eating zombie after being infected with zombie plague by Hemingway's zombie housekeeper, and how Hemingway not only covered up the ensuing carnage but also wrote a semi-autobiographical novel based on the incident called The Son Also Rises

For me to publish that now would seem tasteless and exploitative in the extreme.

No comments: