Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oww

I'M FINISHED MY EXAMS NOW. HOORAY! IF ONLY MY EARS WOULD STOP RINGING.

I just got back from the post-exam celebratory drinks at some scuzzy Adelaide pub. It was so flipping loud in there that I might as well have put my head in a sack, got everyone to kick it, then eaten some sandpaper to rough up my vocal cords.

We were all crammed into a tiny room by the bar. In an adjacent tiny room a DJ played deafeningly loud "music" (I'm a grumpy old man, I'm entitled to use quotation marks like that) which he seemed to be scratching together at random. From time to time, just to make sure we were listening, he'd get this screeching feedback going that made your bowels turn to water. Happy days.

At this point, I'd like to send a big shout-out to my Esteemed Colleague whose feelings were deeply hurt by not being mentioned yet in this blog. Hi there Esteemed Colleague! How's your wheeze?

As befits the day of my renal exam, I got severely dehydrated this afternoon. Because I knew there would be questions about urination on the exam this morning, I deliberately didn't drink anything beforehand so as to avoid the insidious power of suggestion during the exam. Unfortunately, the only fluid I had for the rest of the day was two cups of coffee and a couple of schooners, topped off with a huge salty burger and chips. By the time I got home this afternoon I was practically peeing stock cubes I was so dry.

Hmm, I shouldn't type tired. I haven't planned this post very well. I started at the end, then went back to the beginning, and now I'm stuck in the middle with nowhere to go. Any advice on how to resolve this compositional dilemma?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh the old pity shout out. Thanks, I know it's not legit, but I'll take it. You should check out my blog, I talk about you all the time.

PTR said...

Yeah I bet you do. That's why I'm too afraid to read it.

Anonymous said...

"Peeing stock cubes" - that's a wonderfully graphic image, PTR!

I hope your system of "method studying" has got a bit more detached before you start having to do exams on brain surgery and leprosy!