Monday, August 25, 2008

He's a good man but...

Oddly enough, I don't think anyone has ever asked me where the name of this blog comes from. It's possible that it's so ridiculous that they just don't want to mention it to save me the shame. It's also possible that it is so catchy and full of winnage that they just assumed that I made it up because that's the kind of thing that a guy with my vim, zeal and elan does.

Alas, the truth is that I stole the phrase from a cartoon that was published in the New Yorker. I liked the cartoon because I thought it could very well have been written about me personally, and my ego just loooooves that kind of thing. I liked it so much that I ripped it out and stuck it to my fridge for a year until the fateful day when I decided to start this blog and realized that I needed a name. Thank you Robert Mankoff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTR,

Would the cartoon have been funnier if he'd been lying down - or would that have been too obvious?

PTR said...

It would have been okay if he was lying on his front. If he was lying on his back I would have called this blog "Supine To Reverie" which makes no sense at all. Even worse, he could have been reclining on a couch and I would have had to call it "Decubitus To Reverie" which might have made Latin doctors laugh but how many of them do you see outside of The Simpsons?