- On Monday, watch the contestants scurry to cook a meal in just 45 minutes, using only ingredients that start with the letter Q. Jessica prepares a quail and quinoa quesadilla, while Kha plans a quince quiche with quark, but runs into a quirky quandary. Who will win the day?
- Tuesday: Mystery Box! The contestants are always pushed to the limit by the Mystery Box and tonight is no exception. They are required to design, prepare and serve a seafood luncheon to the missing aviatrix Amelia Earhart. Georgia and Jamie team up to scour the floor of the Pacific Ocean for fresh ingredients and the wreckage of her plane. Do they have what it takes to succeed?
- On Wednesday, the budding chefs are challenged to a contest of basic skills. They are given 10 minutes to remove and fillet their own leg, something most of them have never done before. Reynold concocts an impromptu blood sausage before lapsing into unconsciousness, while Jarrod panics and cuts off his left arm by mistake, necessitating a visit to the MasterChef nurse.
- On Thursday, the contestants visit the training venue of the Australian Paralympic basketball team for inspiration. In a poorly timed challenge of questionable taste, they are required to prepare and serve a three course service without using their hands. Jarrod comes roaring back into the competition as the only cook with two functional lower limbs.
- Finally, they are divided into two teams for the weekend brunch challenge. The Red team must cook in an atmosphere of pure oxygen, while the Blue team must cook with no oxygen at all. Can you guess who dies in a fiery explosion, and who succumbs to hypoxic brain injury? And will it affect their chances in the ensuing elimination challenge?
For recipes, filleting tips, and lessons in basic chemistry, why not visit the MasterChef website? Tune in tonight to watch our search for Australia's 2015 ... MASTERCHEF!