Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Doppelganger

While walking through the treatment room at the clinic recently, one of the patients caught my eye and smiled.  He was an elderly chap who I knew I had talked to previously but couldn't remember a single thing about.  So I went over and 'fessed up:
PTR
Hello.  I know I've talked to you before but I can't recall what it was about.

Gent
It was this cut on my arm.

PTR
Really?  And it's still a problem?

Gent
Well I only did it two days ago.

PTR
Oh, but I haven't seen you for a least a month.

Gent
[Crestfallen] Oh.  I thought it was you that I saw.  It was a young doctor.  Tall and skinny.

PTR
Ah, that was probably Dr MacGillicuddy.  He must look a bit like me because a few people have mixed us up.

Gent
Yes, tall bloke.  Big nose.

PTR
I see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Dr MacGillicuddy sounds like a magnificent stallion of a man. I hope to meet him myself one day.

PTR said...

Indeed he is a specimen for the ages. Nine feet tall he stands, with a hank of red hair whipped by the sea wind above his piercing eyes that glow like emeralds in the tawny dusk light. And a big nose. Much like myself.

PTR said...

I forgot to mention that he is very kind to children, books and poor dumb animals.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is the best blog I've ever read on my new iPad (TM).

Insightful, witty & cogent musings on the meso-questions that no-one else is asking. Best of all, my new iPad, brings your text to life. It really reinvents the joy of reading!

Thank you from the Apple (TM) Social Media Engagement and Seamless Product Placement Team.