Sunday, December 21, 2008

Big Star

Haven't posted for a while because my Smaller Half and I have been busy little bees since we returned from Sapa.  We finally got the hang of Hanoi I think, since we no longer find it exhausting just walking around.  Now we find it exhausting because we seem to be eating six meals a day in a desperate attempt to try everything we can before we leave.  And we leave tomorrow (as I write this it is already tomorrow but I will sleep soon so you know what I mean).

We visited the Ho Chi Minh memorial complex today.  I was a bit surprised to find myself briefly roped into posing for souvenir photos with a group of local girls.  The most likely explanation for this is that they mistook me for a Hollywood star since I am quite a snappy and glamorous dresser.  Alternatively, they may have mistaken my blue eyes for the eyes of a ghost and assumed that the spirit of Uncle Ho was walking among them.  Either way, I was happy to oblige.  My Smaller Half was a bit surprised at all the fuss but managed to photograph me being photographed which seems suitably contemporary to be mentioned.

We'll miss Hanoi.  Australia is going to seem a bit quiet and dull after this.

No comments: