Saturday, September 22, 2012

Blogging vs internship

Blogging - sheesh!  Who knew it would be such hard work?

Actually it's not hard work, I just never seem to get around to it.  Which is annoying because working nights is fertile ground for a blog such as mine.  There is no end of bizarre stuff that happens in hospitals after hours, and as the cover intern it falls to you to deal with it.  At least two or three times per day I think to myself, "Now this is prime stuff, PTR, don't forget it!"

But of course, by 4 in the morning when it starts to quieten down a bit, the last thing on my mind is to jump on a computer and do some blogging.  I just want to curl up on the couch with my seven vegemite sandwiches and read mindless pulp sci-fi whilst crooning softly to myself.

The weeks off are no easier.  The Hatchling is at a great age where she's learning new stuff minute by minute, she's heaps of fun to do stuff with, she careens around like a pinball bouncing off everything, and by the end of the day I just want to curl up on the couch with my sixty-three cheese sandwiches and read back issues of wargaming magazines whilst breathing through alternate nostrils.

Blogging just never seems to get a look in.  Which is a shame, because I keep having ideas.  Just yesterday, I thought, "Hey - what if you were to rewrite the plots of famours adventure movies but set them in hospitals instead???"  And sure, that's a stupid idea, but in the past I would have actually done it.  But now I just dwell on it briefly and then fall asleep on my toothbrush.

Internship - sheesh!  Who knew it would be such hard work?

No comments: