Sunday, June 24, 2012

Addendum

I've been thinking more about my previous words regarding virtual days versus real days.  I think the real nub of my gist is that any given day has only one paltry actual identity whereas it can have a multitude of virtual identities. 

For example, let's say I go in to work on an actual Wednesday.  Yawn.  How dull.

But what if that Wednesday was just a single day after a break, with a four day break afterwards?  Then that Wednesday is a virtual Monday, because it's the first day back.  But it's also virtual Friday, because it's the last day before a break.  And in fact it's virtual Maundy Thursday because it's the day before virtual Good Friday which will fall on actual Thursday.  That's three virtual days in one.

3 > 1, ergo virtual days are very physiological.

2 comments:

kira said...

In light of your previous couple of posts, I thought today's xkcd was particularly apt. :)
http://xkcd.com/1073/

PTR said...

Coincidence? Conspiracy? Plagiarism? Only my hairdresser knows for sure.