Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekend fun

Aaaargh, stupid essay.  I have to hand in a 1500-word essay tomorrow.  I'm up to about 800 words.  It was actually due on Friday but I got an extension because the university sent me out to the country to do a pointless research project and play a lot of pool.  I guess I could have done it yesterday but we spent the day in the city then I spent the evening attaching pegs to my face, then we stayed up until 2am watching The Iron Giant on DVD. 

Accordingly, we slept in really late today, then sat by the sea eating almond croissants and drinking coffee, before going off to the beach to watch whales and their calves loll around in the surf and lazily wave their flippers and tails at us then coming home to eat bacon and eggs for dinner.  I was eating the bacon rinds off my Smaller Half's plate when she welcomed me to middle age by asking me to stop so I didn't die of a heart attack.

I ate no more bacon rinds because, despite the essay, this is the life...

3 comments:

Vonbon said...

Oooh, is The Iron Giant good?

I remember wanting to see that but didn"t end up catching it at the cinemas...

PTR said...

Yeah I think it's great. It's a nice allegorical story about xenophobia and personal autonomy. Or perhaps a story about a kid and a giant robot from space - depends on how hard you're thinking.

jamie said...

It's Vin Diesel's finest movie in my mind.