Thursday, April 23, 2015

I am, you are, we are Australian


The Hatchling valiantly did her best to get me to chuck a sickie today and stay home to play Lego with her.  I won't pretend I wasn't tempted.

Hatchling
I don't want you to go to work today.

PTR
I know, but I have to go. There will be sick people who need my help.

Hatchling
I have an idea! You could call them and tell them that the other doctors will see them instead of you!

PTR
Yes! Err, I mean, that would be unfair on the other doctors. Sigh.

Still, coming up on Anzac Day as we are, I really think she's demonstrating what being an Aussie is all about!  So proud right now!

And I'd like to mention a devious idea I had today - it occurred to me that if I were to get to work half an hour early, the other people on my shift would see me working hard when they got there and assume that I was on the early shift.  Then when the early shift left, I could stick around for another half hour tidying up loose ends then piss off home early myself.  I won't pretend I wasn't tempted.  So proud right now!

No comments: